Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Going to Preschool

We are back in to the swing of life in NYC.  The weather has been mild, not nearly as cold as I was expecting winter to be (so far).  The girls went back to school this week.  When I told Rachel she was going to school today.  She started jumping up and down saying "Yay, I get to go to school today.  Yay, I get to go to school today."  She was pretty excited to say the least!  I thought I would take photos of us heading to school.  

Today they both wanted to ride their scooters.  Luna rides her scooter every day, unless it is raining.  Rachel decided she too wanted to take her scooter.  They are bundled up and waiting on our floor for the elevator to come.

 As always, Rachel pushes "the outside button" and Luna pushes "the inside button" for the elevator.

We are off the elevator and going through the lobby of our building.  They are not allowed to ride in the lobby, so they are just pushing the scooters.  You can see the doorman (who is actually a lady) in the background, getting ready to open the door for us.  She is my favorite doorman, always full of energy and talks to the girls in Spanish.  They have no idea what she is saying but I love it, makes me smile.

Riding/walking to school.  There is a slight hill here and Rachel is too scared to ride down it so she always pushes/walks the scooter down the hill.  On the left, is the entrance to the elementary school Luna will go to next year for kindergarten.  This sidewalk can be super crowded when school gets out with Moms, strollers, nannies and kiddos.

We have to cross one pretty busy road (the west side highway) to get to school.  Here the girls are waiting for the walk signal.  They are good about waiting and paying attention to the cars.

Riding to school.   Mom is running to catch up at this point.  They can be really fast on those scooters. Luckily Luna stops frequently to point out all the dog poop so she does not get too far ahead. :)



We made it to school!  We can't enter the building until 1pm, so all the afternoon kids and adults line up outside to be let in.  It takes a little less than 15 minutes door to door, faster when Rachel sits in the stroller.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Laurie said...

Love hearing that they use their scooters so much!! Even Rachel now....yeah!