Thursday, July 12, 2012

ER Visit

Today Rachel and I got to spend 5 hours in the Southampton ER.  Rachel had been busy swimming in the pool all morning.  By the time she was ready to get out she was freezing cold.  So I wrapped her all cuddly up in a towel and cuddled her for a while.  After a bit I put her down and walked away.  Rachel stood up and lost her balance.  Unfortunately since I wrapped her so tightly in the towel she could not put her arms down to catch herself and ended up hitting her head on the corner of one of the lounge chairs.  She took a deep (but small) gash out of her temple/forehead.  

As soon as I looked at the gash I could see how deep it was and knew it would need stitches.  So off to the ER we went.  The plastic surgeon ended up putting in three layers of stitches because the gash went all the way to the bone :(  It was deep!  Rachel was a trooper during the stitches.  After the doctor was done, the nurse put a bandaid on Rachel and her baby.  


Then we headed home.  Once home, Luna and Cooper gave Rachel the get well pictures they made her :) It was precious.  Then it was bed time, we were all exhausted it was a long day but so thankful every one is well and in one piece :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Laurie said...

ohhhhh, poor sweet Rachel!! What a brave little girl...3 layers of stitches, yikes! Thankfully by the look on her face in the picture, she appears to have survived the trauma ok. Hugs from Gramma Laurie