Thursday, July 19, 2012

Flying



After our week in the Hamptons we packed up and flew back to Washington for the rest of the summer.  Just in time to miss out on another NYC heat wave!  We don't return to NYC until September!

As I was packing for our trip I realized that this was the 7th time the girls and I have flown across the country together.  I use to get VERY anxious the night before we would leave, worrying about how the girls would do on the flight and all the logistics.  But I must say we have a pretty good routine down.  Luna even knows our little restaurant that we eat breakfast at in the airport each time.  She could get us there all on her own :)

The girls do really well on the flight for the most part but they never sleep :(  We wake up very early, 5am, to catch our flight and I always hope they may nap on the plane but they don't.  Instead on the 5 hour flight they color, read books and watch shows.

Now we are in Washington and adjusting to the time change.  Flying west is the hardest for us.  The girls wake up early so they are very sleep deprived during the day, which makes for some rough days.  It takes them about a week to really adjust and get on the right schedule.  Going east is much easier and it does not take as long to adjust to the time change.

We have been here in a Washington a few days and have been busy busy busy.  But this is why Luna came, to see her cousin Cooper.  She told me she was going to marry him :)


2 comments:

Beev said...

You're an amazing mommy!

You just missed a few of the hottest days all summer. Reached 100°!

Miss you!

Gramma Laurie said...

Ahhhh Brian, I am sure you do miss all your girls! And yes, Allison, you are amazing!! Incredible that the girls have flown so often in their short little lives. I cannot wait to see you all in a couple weeks!!!