Friday, October 31, 2008

I have been waiting for this day....

For those of you who know me, know I love turtles.  I think they are just adorable. Unfortunately for me my love of turtles came later in life and I never got to dress up as one. Although for my 16th birthday party the theme was 50's and my Mom made me a poodle skirt. But instead of a poodle on my skirt it had a turtle :)  I also had a box turtle as a pet for a while, his name was Irving.

So when I thought about motherhood, I looked forward to Halloween and dressing up my little ones as all different things.  I knew there would definitely be a turtle or two in there if I had anything to do with it.  Once again, Luna is my dress up doll.  Guess what she is this year?  A TURTLE!   Isn't she adorable?


Check out that little tail.



Grandma came and visited.  She wanted to see the little turtle.



Luna Sunshine, sitting on the porch with her pumpkins.


We went to Google for the Halloween Party.  Here is Luna and Daddy on the dance floor.


This little girl made my day!

Over the course of many years, I have received a lot of different turtle gifts (i.e. statues, wind chime, ceramic pot, etc.).  But I had never seen this...a turtle balloon animal!



I love it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally remember your 16th birthday party, and the poodle skirts. I still have mine!

Nana and Pops Vance said...

Way, way, way too cute, Allison.