From my last post you can see I love turtles. Well I was recently at a party and we were talking about kids and Halloween. I was talking about Luna and instead of a turtle what came out of my mouth was frog. Why, I have no idea. I love turtles not frogs. The conversation continues and I must say how much I love frogs multiple times and don't even realize. A friend asks if I love Kermit. I think to myself of course not, I love turtles not frogs, then I realize for the past 5 minutes I have been talking about frogs. Again I wonder, where does that come from.
This is not the first time it has happen and some times it can be a bit awkward. One very awkward time was when I was in college. I was living in a dorm on the 10th floor. It was a Friday night and I was on a bus heading into downtown Seattle with a bunch of friends. There were two guys sitting in front of us and we started making small talk. Through the conversation we realize we lived in the same dorm. They ask what floor I lived on, I say the 12th (but I actually lived on the 10th). Well of course I do not realize my mistake before they say that they live on the 12th but have never seen me there...I back pedal and say actually on live on the 10th, but it was awkward and weird. What is going on in my brain?
No comments:
Post a Comment