Recently, I went to the grocery store and pomegranates were on sale.
Back when I was little (elementary school), every once in a while my Mom would put pomegrante seeds in my lunch. I remember opening up my lunch and being so happy when I saw the seeds. I knew that it was a lot of work to get the pomegranate seeds out and that my Mom had to really love me to put them in my lunch.
So seeing the pomegrantes, I thought I will buy one and give it to Luna to show her how much I love her. Although I do realize at her age she will not remember her first pomegrante seed but she will know the feeling of being loved.
When I got home, I realized I had a problem...all those years of my Mom giving me pomegrante seeds and I never learned how to get the seeds out myself. Luna is sitting in her high chair eating her lunch while I sat next to her looking at the pomegrante. I started by cutting it in half and then used my fingers to try and pry the half in half. Well the next thing I know, Luna, myself, and the floor are covered with pomegrante juice and seeds. The pomegrante had exploded. Maggie had a hay day licking up all the juice and seeds. Luna just stared at me as if to say "why did you just spray me with liquid." I am dumbfounded, I don't think this is how my Mom did it. Well I eventually get out most of the seeds but it was not a pretty process.
A few days later I was talking with my Mom and telling her of my ordeal. Well of course as a good mother does she tells me how to get the seeds out the right way, she also picks up a brochure from the grocery store to show me as well.
Today I tried again and success! The seeds are out and neither Luna or I are covered in juice.

2 comments:
so whats the trick...i thought spraying juice everywhere IS the right way, no??
Post a Comment