Sunday, May 15, 2011

We Made It!

Today was the day and we made it.  Feels like it was a long time coming, many months of planing but it has arrived.  As I type the girls are asleep in their beds in our New York City apartment.

The kiddos did great on the plane.  We were an hour delayed out of Seattle because of weather at the Newark airport, we ended up landing an hour and a half later than planned.  But we are here and ready for bed.

Funny Quote of the Day
We were waiting outside for our ride from the airport and a taxi honked.  Luna looked at us and said "What was that noise."  We both laughed and said "a car horn, get use to it."

Eye Opening Experience
I spent a lot of time reading about how people get around with small children, car seats and all.  What I learned was that in a taxi they are not required to be in a carseat, shocking I know.  Well our ride from the airport to our apartment just confirmed that my kids will always be in a car seat for sure, it was crazy.  I had to bite my tongue many of times.

Interesting Tidbit
While at the airport we saw the actor Tom Skerritt.  He played Drum in the movie Steel Magnolias, which just happens to be one of my favorite movies.

As I type this, I think I am feeling the building move but Brian is telling me I am crazy and just tired.  Not so sure about that.

3 comments:

Barb said...

So glad to hear you are safe and sound at the beginning of your big adventure in the city. Hope all goes well for you...certainly a lot to learn! Best to you always.

Jim Broz said...

Your Mom and I saw Tom Skeritt in the play Out Town...he was the narrator. He was unbelievable..

Jim Broz said...

The play was Our Town