It has finally cooled off here and the humidity is gone. We have been enjoying some lovely fall days and the AC in our apartment is no longer running full time :) This past weekend was a lazy one on our apartment. We just hung around Battery Park City.
Saturday I took the girls to the park early in the morning so Brian could sleep in. That is one thing about having a tiny apartment, once the kids are up it is really hard to keep sleeping. The park was pretty quiet, I think it was a little to early for most families. Luna really wanted someone to play with but all the kids that were there were quite a bit younger. So we spent a lot of time on the swings. Luna has become quite the little pumper, she needs no help from me anymore.
Sunday, Brian and I had a date night. We played miniature golf at the pier by us. He beat me! That almost never happens :) Then we went and got a bite to eat. It is fun just walking around exploring our neighborhood. There are some many places to try and enjoy.
The girls love our babysitter, Amanda. She was a full time nanny for another family but is now trying to start her own business. The business is throwing princess parties for little girls. Personally I am not a big fan of the Disney princess stuff. The whole idea of being saved by a Prince Charming and the princesses themselves being physically beautiful, I just don't love the message it sends. So while I am not opposed to my girls seeing and experiencing Disney princess movies/things I don't encourage it, society will do that for me :)
So when Amanda mentioned the princess parties I kind of dismissed it for something we would not be interested in. But she gave me the website address so I thought I would look it up. After spending some time looking at the website I realized I loved it! It is not about Disney princesses instead it is focuses on real life princesses and what they do. The little princesses at the party learn about kids around the world who need help and then they make a Princess Bank for donations to help real charities. I love it! That is a princess idea I can get behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment