The girls and I went to a Birthday party this past weekend. Once again it blew me out of the water. I have to admit we had only been to a couple of Birthday parties while still in Washington, the girls were still pretty little for parties so I have no idea if this is just normal now a days or if this is a New York thing. But I think it is a New York thing.
This party was hosted at a dance studio. During the week dance classes are held at this studio. The kids were ushered into one of the studios where they were given little pink tutu skirts, wands, crowns and boas. They then asked the parents to leave the studio and the kids had a 50 minute dance class. The parents were then in another room with fruit, cheese, wine, beer and champagne. It was lovely :)
Then the kids came into the room for dinner and cake. Staff from the dance studio did all the caring for the kids, getting their food, putting straws in sippy cups, etc. The parents had to do nothing. It was my instinct to want to help my kids but instead I sat back and relaxed.
It was a party for the kids and also a really nice party for the adults. I had a lovely time and it was nice to meet more of the parents. I know most of the nannies because I see them at drop of time at school. But some of the parents I never get to meet. So it was fun to finally have a chance to meet them in a very casual atmosphere.
This is the photo of the girls back at home after the party. Fun was had by all!
No comments:
Post a Comment