Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gem

Last Friday, we spent the morning playing around the apartment.  At one point Rachel walked up to me and said "Mom can you get the gem out of my ear?  I got the other two out but there is one more in there."  I was shocked, what was she thinking.  I looked in her ear and sure enough there was a gem in there.  I tired to get it out but had no luck.  While I was trying to get the gem out, Luna spoke up.  She said "I did that one time but in my nose and could not get it out.  So I just blew my nose and it came out."  What!  What have my kids been doing, where I am when all this is going on.

Any ways back to Rachel.  We eventually had to go to the doctor to get it out.  She was braved and only cried a little when then doctor removed her gem.  I don't think she will be doing that again :)  Here is a photo of the gem next to the penny.


1 comment:

Gramma Laurie said...

Uh oh, was this one of the gems from the package I sent her? I'm sure it was a little worrisome when it happened but it's a pretty cute story!!!