Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cloth Grocery Bags

This morning I decided to go grocery shopping.  To date I own 4 cloth grocery bags but have yet to use them.  They sit at home because I always forget to bring them to the store with me. It kills me when I get to the check out lane and I don't have them.  This has been going on for over 6 months now and it is really frustrating to me.  

So this morning I was feeling so proud of myself, I put the bags in the trunk of my car so I that I could finally use them. As I am heading out of the driveway I run through a quick mental checklist to make sure I have all I need:

Baby (check)
Grocery list (check)
Pacifier (check)
Baby snack (check - in case there is a melt down in the store)
Wallet (check)
Cloth Grocery Bags (Check)

I am feeling good, on top of things.  Grocery shopping takes a little longer then expected and Luna is getting a little cranky, it is getting to be nap time.  So I get to the check out lane and guess what I don't have...the cloth grocery bags, they are in the trunk of my car, right where I left them.

I try to be friendly to the people in line as they are making googoo faces at Luna but internally I am kicking myself.  Once again I don't have the bags.  Then to make matters worse the guy doing the bagging uses 20 plastic bags, and puts one item in each one. It killed me.

Old habits do die hard (we are going on 6+months)

1 comment:

Arturo said...

I always have a cloth grocery bag in the car. Alas, half the time I forget to take it out of the car.