Thursday, May 19, 2011

What I Know

What I know, so far, about NYC I love.  My comfort level is not there yet but I am really enjoying being out and about.  I have yet to leave the apartment alone with both girls but I have plenty of time for that next week when Brian goes back to work.

I have been sleeping much better, thanks for all your tips.  We do have a noise maker but I have been hesitant to use it because I want to make sure I can hear the girls if they wake up.  But we do have a vent/ac unit in our room and do run the fan at night, which is like white noise.

Here is a little glimpse of the cost of things.  Yesterday I stopped by a store here in Battery Park to by a box of Life cereal it was $6.50, I could not buy it, too painful.  Today we went over to Target in Jersey City and bought a box of Life for $3.30, much better :).

Today, my dear husband called around to some private preschools to see if they had any openings.  I have two appointments next week to go check them out!  I am shocked that there are spots out there, hurray!  Now I just hope I hear about the public school preschool soon.

1 comment:

woni said...

Thanks for sending out the email with the link to the blog. It is fun to get a glimpse of you life in NY. It would have killed me to pay that much ffor a box of cereal:).