Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yarn Extensions


When I took out Luna's beads last time she was very upset, she loved having beads in.  When I talked with her about braiding her hair again she said she wanted beads.  I am thrilled she loves her beads, they are a lot of fun.  So course rather than stick with something I have done before I decided to try something new!

I have wanted to try yarn extensions for a while but to be honest I have been scared to actually do it.  Recently I have been reading up on how to do them.  Going in I knew it was going to be a huge time commitment and another new skill to learn.  But the time commitment was really what was deterring me.  Some people report taking around 10 hours to complete these.  It did not take me THAT long but still this was the longest style I have ever done.

Not sure how I feel about them, it was a learning process and at the end I still did not feel like I really had it mastered.  Usually by the time I finish a new style I am pretty confident of what I need to do and it just becomes practice.  But this style is one I am still trying to figure it out.

Over all it is fun to see Luna with long hair.  I have no idea how long it will last, some people report that they can last 4 weeks or more.  I don't think mine have been done that well so they likely won't last that long.  We also ran out of beads about three quarters of the way through it, again it is hard to predict how many beads are needed.  Next time I will have a better idea.  I guess I need to go online and shop for some more beads :)


Wearing her hair down.

Ponytails!

I am officially a hair stylist :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: