Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rockettes!




This past weekend we took the girls to go see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular.  Last year, Brian and I went for the first time and I LOVED it.   I started dreaming what it would be like to be an actual Rockette.  I quickly learned I would never qualify for many reasons but one being I am too short.   After seeing it I knew I wanted to bring the girls before we moved back to Washington.  So this weekend we went. 

We went to a 9am showing which made it extremely kid friendly.  The girls wore their Christmas dresses (thanks Gramma) and Luna wore almost every piece of jewelry she owns. :)  It was fun to have us all dressed so fancy.  The girls looked beautiful and got so many compliments.    We took a taxi up to Radio City, which is a special treat for the girls.  We got there with plenty of time to spare so we were able to walk around and take some photos before the show.  Radio City is a beautiful theater with very spacious seating, you are not crammed in, makes the experience that much more pleasant.  The girls could actually stand in front of us while we were sitting!


Part of the show is in 3D so they give you glasses before you enter the theater.  The girls thought the glasses were pretty cool and really enjoyed the 3D effect during the show.  After the show Luna told me she loved it. I asked her if she thought she could be a Rockette and she said "No, I think it is still a little tricky for me."  Unfortunately, Rachel was not quite feeling like herself and it was hard to get her to tell us what she thought of the show.  But she watched it all right on Mommy's lap without making a peep.


After the show we went out for brunch.  It was such a fun morning, so sad it is over.  Also sad that it will be a number of years before I will get to see it again.  I highly recommend it, such a fun, energizing show.  I just love it and so glad we got to experience it as a family!
 
 I love this kiddo, she is looking so grown up!  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Laurie said...

Sounds like SOOOO much fun. The girls looked beautiful and wonderful to see them wearing their Christmas dresses. Luna is indeed looking so grown up. I want to go see this some day now! You guys do such fun things!!!