Friday, July 22, 2011

Elevator & Weather

Before I moved I had no idea how much a part of my life elevators were going to be.  Every day we are in at least one elevator but usually more.  With a stroller an elevator is critical for navigating the city.  It is rare I am the only one in a the elevator.   Especially in our building there are sometimes three strollers, 3 adults and at least 3 kiddos with a tricycle or scooter in an elevator, they can be very full.  

There is also a whole process to loading up the elevator.  The people that live up high get in first and the lower floors last, that way at each floor not everyone has to unload.   Yesterday there were a few of us with strollers queued up waiting for the elevator.  When it arrived the doorman, off the top of his head, rattle off the floors that each of us were going to so we could all load up easily.  I was shocked, it was impressive.  There are 26 floors in our building and 6 apartments on each floor. So for him to know each of us and what floor we lived on shocked me.  I love those doormen :)

One last comment, this one is about the weather.  It was crazy hot today.  Today when I was walking the girls to their doctor's appointment there was a significant breeze.  The best way for me to describe that breeze would be to say it felt like someone turning a hair dryer on and pointing it at you.  It was strong and not refreshing in the least bit.  The low tonight is 79degrees.  Crazy hot here!

No comments: