So each spring I try to plant a couple of flower pots to put on our steps up to our front porch. Typically by the time fall comes around they are just holding on for dear life. Often times I forget to water them for weeks on end and also we don't really get enough sunlight on our steps. So they never do very well. Usually when I go to pick out the flowers I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what ones do ok in the shade and try to get varying heights and color cordinate it all. It takes me forever and I don't particularly enjoy it. Well today I tried a totally new approach.
On the way to get the flowers I told each kiddo they could pick out three. Luna decided she wanted to get all pink and Rachel decided she wanted all purple. When we got there they each pick out their three in about 2 minutes. We purchased them and were back in the van in a matter of 10 minutes, it was awesome :)
After their naps, we went outside and planted them. The kids had a fun although neither really wanted to get their hands dirty but they still enjoyed it. Here are the finished pots:
Here is Luna with her "pink" flower pot.
Rachel with her "purple" flower pot.
My favorite part was that it was FUN. The pots are what they are and will last as long as they last. Each time I walk past them I will think of each of my girls. What is better than that?
We are enjoying summer in the Pacific Northwest!
No comments:
Post a Comment