Thursday, December 8, 2011

More Random Tidbits about NYC

1)  This week we went to a holiday party for the girl's preschool.  To me all the parents were dressed up but when I asked one of my Mom friends she said no that she thought they were casual.   I told her she needs to go to Washington to see casual ;)  I love Washington :)

2)  Today on the way home from preschool Luna and I had an interesting conversation.  They are learning about Hanukkah in school.  Luna asked if we are going to celebrate Hanukkah.  It was hard talking to her not knowing what she knew about Hanukkah.  I tried my best but I don't think she got it...

3) Back home if you were going to have a big preschool holiday party you would have to make sure there would be enough car parking for all the attendees.  In NYC, you have to make sure there is enough stroller parking.  I wish I had taken a picture of the stroller parking it was great.  Often times there is a person who is like a valet their job is to make sure the strollers are parked correctly so they can park as many as possible.  Frequently when I park my stroller some where and go to a class or activity with the kids I come out to find it some where else.  At first this was a little troubling to me but with so many strollers it is like a big puzzle parking, and unparking all the strollers.

4)  This fall has been unseasonably warm.  Our apartment has been staying really warm.  Twice this week we slept with the AC on.  If we did not live on such a busy road we would have just open the windows to keep it cool but neither Brian or I can sleep through all the traffic noise, so AC it is.  Today it finally cooled off, so maybe we are done with the warm, even muggy days.

5)  I went on a tour of the school that Luna with most likely be going to kindergarten at next year.  We are still not sure we will send her next year or do another year of preschool.   In Washington she would still have another year of preschool before kindergarten.  But the cut off dates are different in NY so she is a grade ahead here.  We are not sure what to do.  The tour was an 1.5 hours and I can not tell you the number of times I almost started crying.  She is just growing up way too fast for me.  She turned 4 this week and I did not shed a tear, she is still my little girl.  But walking around that school and imagining her there walking the halls made her seems so grown up.

No comments: