Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reading...

I have been slowly teaching Luna to read.  We have a book that has 100 reading lessons in it and each day we do one.  Well almost each day, sometimes we are too busy.  So we are going through it at a leisurely pace.  Luna is doing really well.  The lessons are challenging for her and sometimes she wants to quit in the middle of a lesson but afterwards she is so proud of herself.  We are about half way through the book and she is really starting to be able to read on her own.  For her birthday she received some very basic reading books which she loves. When she does quiet time on her bed, she brings these with her and will sit and read.

This was a conversation we had at the end of her quiet time today:

Mommy:  Luna, can you come out here?  I need you to help me with something.
Luna:  Can I just finish this book, then I will come out?
Mommy: Uh, sure :)

No comments: