Brian and I recently spent a week in Jamacia without kids! My amazing Mom flew out to NYC to watch the girls for the week so we could get away. Brian and I spent the week at a Sandals resort in Negril, Jamacia.
What did we do? Relax, relax and relax. We never left the resort and I never washed one dish :) Yipee! We swam in the ocean and pools, played tennis, yoga (Allison not Brian), paddle boarded, went scuba diving, read lots of books and ate ate ate! The beginning of our trip a tropical storm went through and it was rainy and overcast. But by the end it had cleared up and the weather was beautiful, clear and sunny.
We skyped with the girls each night. I had been worried about my Mom. Staying with the girls for the week was a big task alone but then doing it in NYC added a whole new level to it. So I was not sure how it was going to go. But my Mom was amazing she blew me out of the water. One day she took the girls on the SUBWAY over to BROOKLYN to the Children's Museum. This is a big outing for me (a seasoned New Yorker) so for my Mom to do it solo is very impressive. We love you Mom! Thanks for watching the girls so we could get away. THANK YOU!

1 comment:
I had no doubt you'd have a fabulous time. Looks beautiful and hooray for nothing but relaxing -- though it sounds like you actually were quite active! And seriously, YEAH for Jan!!
Post a Comment