Yesterday the girls and I arrived back in Washington to a cool rainy day and it was lovely. The best part was the wonderful welcome from my family, they are amazing.
Sunday, I spent the day packing and getting ready for our trip. I tend to be very anxious in general so the idea of traveling solo with my 3 & 2 put my anxiety high. Mentally I know my kids are great and that I can make it through anything that the 6 hour flight throws at me, but just all the unknowns of how things are going to happen/work is what makes me anxious.
Monday morning we got up at 5am east coast time. Brian drove us to the airport and unloaded our luggage (2 suitcases, 2 carseats, 3 carry-ons) at the curb. Then he went and parked the car. One of the men working at the airport put our luggage on a cart and brought it to the check in counter for me, which was great because I was pushing the girls in the stroller.
We checked in and Brian met us for a quick breakfast and said our goodbyes. Then we headed through security. After we got through security, I saw our plane was boarding. So I quickly stopped to get Rachel some milk for the plane. I asked Luna to hold it while I got out the sippy cup and then Luna proceeded to dropped it all over the floor. No time to get more, instead we got on the plane.
The plane ride was uneventful, the girls did great. Luna slept for about 20 minutes right at the end of the flight, Rachel not at all. We read books, played some games, watched some shows and made a number of trips to the potty. When the wheels touched down in Seattle, I breathed a big sign of relieve. We made it! Flying solo with both the girls was one of those things I sort of feared doing as a Mom and I did it, conquered my fear, it was a great feeling.
When we walked out of the security area of the airport my parents were there to greet us. It was wonderful to see their smiling faces. Then we headed down to baggage claim where my older sister and her son were there to greet us. The girls and their cousin ran around and chased each other. When I had asked Luna was she wanted to do when we got to Washington, the first thing she said was "visit Cooper" and here he was at the airport to greet her.
We got my luggage and headed toward the elevator. As we were all in the elevator, I looked at my family, each person was carrying/pulling a piece of my luggage and I was pushing my nephew and my girls in the stroller, it was beautiful. I just love them all, they are so caring and loving toward me and my girls. I am truly blessed to be part of this family, they make my life so much richer and better.
After that we headed over to my sister's house for lunch. The cousins got to play and the adults got to chat. My other sister met us there on her lunch break to say welcome home :) Love her! I just loved it. By 1:30, my kids were exhausted so we drove "home." Both kids fell sleep in the car, which was great. I got to say hi to my dog all by myself, I missed that dog.
My sister had left a welcome home note for us and also a casserole for dinner, amazing and so thoughtful. The girls slept while I unpacked. When the woke up they checked out all their toys and bedroom. Then we went outside to play.
Slowly all our neighbors came out to say hi. It was great to see everyone. It had only been 2 months but all the kids looked a little taller and older. Time goes by so quickly. The girls had a lot of fun but were definitively overwhelmed and exhausted. They had been up since 2am west coast time. So by 8pm they were in bed and asleep.
After catching up with my sister a little more I headed to bed early at 9:30pm, I was exhausted but felt absolutely loved by my family and neighbors. It was wonderful to be back in Washington!
1 comment:
welcome home!! xo,jennie (and keller, who talks about miss luna quite often!)
Post a Comment