I know that in previous posts I mentioned that I was teaching Luna how to read. I am using a book called "Teach your Child to read in a 100 easy lessons." She is doing really great. The lessons are easy you just have to commit to the time it takes to do them. I am amazed by how well she is doing.
Now 100 may not seem like much but to me it feels like it is lasting forever. To help us stay motivated I made her a reading chart. After I put this up I looked at it and thought WOW we have a lot of lessons to go. Luna on the other hand is all over it. She knows exactly how many more lessons until she gets to go swimming or have a tea party. She loves it.
I was telling Brian the other night that under each of Luna's rewards mommy needs a reward (ie. getting my nails done). Then the chart may not look as over whelming to me either :)
It looks as though next week we will be having a tea party, I will be sure to post photos.
It looks as though next week we will be having a tea party, I will be sure to post photos.

1 comment:
I am amazed at how well Luna reads already!! The video Brian sent was impressive of her reading the Cars book. She even uses inflection and feeling and her fluency is great, especially for a four year old! Great job both of you!!!
Post a Comment