Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Hair

Today was another hair day at our house and we went with a heart in honor of Valentine's Day.  The hair blog I follow was the inspiration and I put my own little twist on it.  I am not nearly as skilled as the women who writes the blog.

We started last night, I washed her hair and did the parts.  I was so excited to do Luna's hair today, I was thinking about it as I fell sleep last night. In the morning all I really need to do was braid.  It made the whole process much more do able for us, both Luna and I. She did not get tired of sitting and my hands did not get tired of working.  Total braiding time was 2 hours...in my world not too bad but as I type that I realize how crazy that would have sounded to me 2 years ago.  We have come a long way :)

The style turned out beautiful on her.  Luna kept asking to see the heart and she was pretty excited when I showed her it in the mirror.  Although she wondered how other people would see it if they did not have a mirror :)

My hope is to get two weeks out of this style but it depends on a few factors.  One being how many times we go swimming.  Swimming is really tough on her hair but we all love it so we go at least once a week.  The other factor is how well the ends hold up.  I am good at braiding but I have a hard time finishing the ends.  But for the time being it is lovely and prefect for Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Front view



Top view
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Laurie said...

Absolutey adorable!!