Sunday, February 26, 2012

Staten Island Children's Museum


Last weekend we headed over to Staten Island to visit the children's museum.  This was an outing I had been waiting to do but did not want to do it alone with the girls.  On Monday, Brian had the day off from work so we decided to give it a go.  

Half of the adventure was just getting to the museum and back home.  We took a bus to the Staten Island ferry terminal.  Then we caught the ferry over to the island.  From there we took another bus which dropped us off about .5 mile from the museum, so we did a little walking.   Door to door was about an hour and 15 minutes.

The museum was having a free admissions day and to say it was crazy is an under statement.   They had a limited number of staff working and with so many kiddos each exhibit was torn apart, nothing was where it should be.  I was disappointed, it has been over run by the kids.  The girls loved it and did not seem to notice how messy it was.

We spent about 2 hours there and it was all Brian and I could take, it was so loud.  It was time to head home.  An hour and half later we were back at our apartment and completely exhausted, all of us.  Overall I am glad we went but it was a one time adventure for us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: