Friday, September 16, 2011

Boot Camp

I have successfully finished the first week of Boot camp.  I LOVED it!  This is my type of working out.  It meets from 5:30-6:30am Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Crazy I know, but that is just one of the many reasons I love it.

In a previous post I mentioned how I have been feeling off this week and I think part of it has been because of this boot camp.  It is kicking my butt and I am exhausted, both from the workout and from the early morning.  The City requires a lot of energy and I have not had it this week.  Just going to and from preschool has been wearing me out.  I am hoping by next week my body adjusts a bit and I get some of my energy back.

The boot camp is only women, another reason I love it and there are about 15 of us in the morning.   We meet only two blocks from our apartment at a park right on the water.  It meets for 4 weeks and then has a week off, so you pay in 5 week sessions.  The group of women are quite friendly considering both the time of day and how hard we are working.  Some of the women have been doing it for the past 3 years!  They are hardcore!  By 6:30 we all feel like we have conquered the world!

Today I had the privilege of watching the sun come up as it lit up the buildings on the New Jersey side of the Hudson river.   It was breath taking to see the sunlight reflecting off the building windows, such a stunning sight.

The view made me reflect on a verse:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.   Lamentations 3:22-23.

Three more weeks to go! LOVE IT!


No comments: