Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday/Thursday

Tuesday and Thursday are the days that both girls are in school during the afternoon.  In my world these are my hours off :).  So far I have only had 4 of them but man do I love them. Monday nights as I cuddle into bed I just smile knowing I will have 3 whole hours to myself the next day.

So far I have kept it simple.  I have used my time doing three basic activities.

1. Running - My boot camp is M/W/F.  So it works out perfectly for me to do my jogging days when the girls are in school on Tuesday and Thursday.  So far the longest I have gone is 4 miles and then up the 20+ flights of stairs to our apartment.  It is a great workout.  I don't think I will be attempting any marathons this year, just enjoying my workouts.

2. Reading - I am taking a seminary class (old testament survey) from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary. There is a ton of reading to do and then I watch the lectures online.  So far I am enjoying it.  I am not taking the class for credit so it is at my leisure which takes all the pressure off.

3. Napping - Of course :)  With boot camp at 5:30am some times I can't wait for a little afternoon nap.  I am a cat napper so all I need is 15 minutes and I am good to go which is great, leaves plenty of time to do #1 or #2.

The girls are continuing to love school and the afternoons are working out wonderfully.  Most mornings we go to the parks and almost always run into someone from their classes.   Today we got to the swings and as Rachel is crawling out of her stroller she said "look Mommy my friend."  A little girl from her class was there as well.  Luna quickly introduced herself and the three had the best time swinging together.   We love running into their friends!  I just keep wondering what we will do in the winter (we spend so much time outside at the parks!).

Rachel is doing great with the whole potty training thing.  At the apartment she is a rock star but she has yet to use a public potty :)


No comments: