Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall???


Today and tomorrow are holidays so no school.  That means me and the girls get to go out on adventures :)  We are still adjusting to afternoon preschool and no naps so I wanted to take it easy.  My plan was to spend the morning walking up the promenade.  There are piers all along the promenade into the Hudson River and on some of them are playgrounds.  It is a beautiful walk along the river with fun stops along the way.

Since we have been back in the city from Washington it has been warm and muggy.  Not super hot just warm, high 70s.   With the humidity you still get very sweaty on even short outings. Most of the parks in our area the water has been turned off but we found one today where it was still on.  The kids had a blast and got soaking wet.  I can't believe it is almost October and it was hot enough to run around in the water.  Before I blink it will be winter and freezing!



Rachel practically laying down in the water, trying to get a drink.



We returned home just before a major thunderstorm passed through.  I was glad that we were safely home by the time the downpour hit :)  Tomorrow we are off to the Bronx Zoo!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: