Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Today was a quiet day around our apartment.  By quiet I mean no traffic noise.  I did not wake up until almost 9am, we are still on west coast time and was shocked to have slept so long.  I thought that all the traffic noise would have woken me up.  Last night it took me a long time to fall sleep because of the time change and traffic noise. But then I remembered that today was September 11th and there was a very important ceremony going on only a few blocks away and all the roads were closed.

This morning I spent some time watching the ceremony live online.  Then in the afternoon, I went for a run.  There were so many people out walking on the promenade.  So many people wearing shirts with the name of the person they lost.  So many people in uniform.  It was really an amazing site to see.

Tomorrow is a big day around here.  I have signed up for a boot camp and will be waking up at 5:30am to get my butt kicked!  That is 2:30 in the morning west coast time! Then in the afternoon, Luna goes to her first day of preschool tomorrow!  Big day!

No comments: