Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thunder Storms

This is a conversation Brian and I had tonight:

Brian "Do you hear that noise."
Allison "Yes, I think it is thunder, there must be a storm."
long pause
Brian "I feel like we have had this conversation before and we both thought it was thunder but it was actually fireworks."
Both of us head to the window to look out and sure enough there is a fireworks show going on over the Hudson river.

I am amazed by how many fireworks shows there are here in the city.  We hear them frequently but we can't always see them.  Sometimes all we can see is the reflection in the windows of the building around us.  Other times we get a clear view of the show.  They are beautiful!

A quote from Luna today:

Luna asks "why does New York have so many problems?"  Mommy says "what do you mean by so many problems, what are the problems?" Luna says "the buildings."  Mommy says "yes if the problems are the buildings then New York sure does have a lot of them!"


PS Rachel stayed dry all day while at the apartment!  Yipee!  Now just have to stay dry while at preschool :)

No comments: