Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Random Thoughts

1. I am so glad we went with our preschool just 2 blocks away rather than the public preschool a 30 minute walk away.  I feel as though I am constantly going back and forth, although in reality it is just twice a day but still we do it 5 days a week, so a total of 10 trips during the week.  If we had gone with the other one it would have been a lot of walking, not especially fun in the rain and wind.

2. Doormen continue to be a blessing to me.  Today I locked myself out of the apartment on my way to take Luna to preschool.   When I got back I asked them what I should do, they said not to worry and got a key!  Wonderful.

3.  Never Ever sit on a curb in NYC.  There are so many dogs in this city and they are not suppose to pee on any plants or green grass.  So that leaves the curbs, steps and sides of buildings.  It is gross, gross, gross!  If you have to sit on the ground choose a place in the middle, dogs prefer the corners and edges.

4. Rachel is in the process of being potty trained!  I am so happy about this.  I am dreading the whole I have to find a bathroom right now thing to come in the next couple of weeks.  But I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.  Right now no diapers in the apartment only underwear and when we go out we wear diapers over our underwear.  Only day two but we have only had accidents in the apartment.

5.  This weekend I get to go away!  I am heading up to New Hampshire for a women's retreat at Camp Berea.  Friday morning I fly up to Boston and am meeting up with some old girl friends of mine then we drive together up to New Hampshire.  I have been to this retreat a number of times over the past 8 years and love it each time.  Can't wait!

6.  I have completed week 2 of my Boot Camp.  I am going to miss friday's workout because I will be on my way to the airport.  Tomorrow I will just have to work out extra hard to make up for it.

7. Today I got asked by an 8 year old if my children were mine.  It would not have bother me so much had it not been the third time I was asked today.  Oh so many thoughts on this!  But really my question is why so many people feel they have a right to ask this question when they don't even know me.  Why is it so important they know, what does that change/mean in their mind if they are mine or if they are not?

8.  Luna's class only has 6 kids, 3 boys and 3 girls.  It represents such a beautiful picture of the diversity of the city.  I have to say almost every race is represented in that room.  I love looking in and seeing all the "color."  Rachel's class has much less diversity and is predominately caucasian.

9. Tonight we (Luna, Rachel and myself) are going on a play date.  One of the boys, Cooper, in Luna's class invited us over.  I am both nervous and excited.  Since we have been adjusting to preschool my girls are no longer napping.  So from about 4:30 until 7pm (bedtime) it can get a little rough around here.  Although yesterday they were great and no TV was involved :)

10.  I tried out a new grocery store this week.  The check out lanes where so narrow I could not push my stroller down them, my stroller is only 17 inches wide!  The grocery carts the store provides are too wide to fit down them.  When I realized this I was shocked but no one around me seemed phased.  No more complaining about Whole Foods from me.

No comments: