Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hair Day

After our busy weekend, we have had a couple low key days mostly at the apartment with a couple trips to the park thrown in.  Today I decided to tackle the girl's hair.  This is a multi-hour process and one that both the kids and I have to be up to.

Yesterday I was searching for some styles online and ran across a blogged called Chocolate Hair Vanilla Care and I loved it.  The women who writes the posts does a great job, very detailed and good photos.   She does yarn extensions in her daughter's hair and they look amazing.  I read her post about putting them in and she started at 9am and finished at 6pm (with a couple breaks for meals and a nap)! It inspired me to try some new styles on Luna and attempt to do Rachel's hair in a more complicated style.  I won't be doing any extensions (at least for a while) but I am ready to try some new techniques.

Rachel's hair is getting long enough now that I have to do something with it and she does not like it combed out each day.  I can't blame her, it does not feel good. But I need to start getting her use to the whole process.  I have never done her hair in much detail.  So today I decided to give it a try and see how she did.  Overall it was great I am just concerned by how long it will last.  I am shooting for a week but I don't think it will make it.



There is nothing complicated about Rachel's hair just braids.  It looks a bit like french braids but it is not.  She loves the butterfly clippies in her hair. She keeps saying "I am a butterfly."


I used a new technique on Luna called a rope twist and made a veil design. Luna is pretty easy to please about her hair, her only request is typically piggy tails.  So she likes this one because it has two puffs (pig tails).


I think it would be super cute with big scrunchies for each puff.  Right now I don't own any scrunchies but I may have to go shopping online.

Both girls sat very nicely for me, we watched a couple shows and they were happy. How long did it take?  We started at 9am and were done by noon, that is fast for me!   Now they are napping so I just hope the styles hold up :)

No comments: