The desperate need for a new stroller has become apparent. When we lived in Washington we used a stroller occasionally. I had no concept how important a stroller was going to be for me in NYC.
Before we moved I was talking to a girlfriend who was telling me about a friend that she had who had moved to New York and bought a super expensive stroller. Her rationale was that it was like her car because in NYC you do not need or really use a car. You either walk or take some other form of transportation like the subway, buses, taxis or you hire a car service for your outings. But you rarely take your own car. We don't even have a car in NYC if we need one we rent or use zipcar. I laughed at the idea of a stroller being like a car and thought to myself that the stroller I have should be good enough, how important could it be? Well the short time I have been here my biggest issue with getting around is my stroller and I can easily see how people can drop a lot of money on a good quality, highly functional stroller.
We have the Joovy Caboose Ultralight. My issue with it is when both kids are in the stroller it is almost impossible to steer. I have read a bunch of reviews about the stroller and all are really positive. So it makes me wonder if something is wrong with mine or if most people don't use it for the ages/sizes of my kids. I don't know what the deal is but my wrists are killing me from trying to turn that thing.
So I have started scanning the playgrounds and looking to see what people use. It is so hard to decide what to buy. If I had a newborn and we were going to need a super nice stroller for a while it would be easier. But with a 2 and 3 year old we really don't need a stroller for too much longer with Luna. We are working to try to get her more willing to walk, although between her and Rachel, Rachel is much more willing to walk than Luna. Luna can be a real pill about walking when she wants to be. So Brian and I have had a number of conversations back and forth about it. But the longer I wait the less time I will use it here in New York which is what I need it for so a decision has to be made. I will let you know once we figure it out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment