Sunday, June 5, 2011

Old Stomping Ground

We spent the last 4 days up in Massachusetts where we had lived for 6 years.  We visited many dear friends. It was so nice to be around so many friends who really know us, I just love them.  It is wonderful to be known.  I am lucky because next weekend I get to go back up and have a girls weekend with 7 lovely ladies.  We are spending the weekend on the Cape!  I can't wait.

Massachusetts is where I started running.  Our house was down the road from some town forests and I spent a lot of time running in those woods.  So while on this trip I went for a run there again, it was bitter sweet, I loved remembering the woods but without Maggie it was not the same.  She loved those woods!  I really miss her.

I also drove by our old house, it has been 3+ years since we sold it and it looks exactly the same.  The yard and house all the same.  I am not sure what I was expecting but I was surprised that nothing had changed.

We drove back today, it was a long drive and the kiddos had hard time.  We had a rental car for the entire vacation and it was full, jam packed full.  It made me appreciate my minivan back in Washington.   When we got back to NYC we parked in front of our building, the door man brought a luggage cart out for us to use (we ended up needing two) and Brian unloaded the car.  I grabbed the girls, a few things and headed up to the apartment.  We got in the elevator with a few other people.  Luna watched which button they pushed.  Then she pointed at each person and told me what floor they were getting off on.... and we are back in NY!  That kiddo!  In the elevator, she has a captive audience, those poor people there is no escaping.

On a side note, I received an email this week saying that on Friday I will find out if Luna got into a public Pre-K program.  Only 5 more days to wait!  I am really excited to find out but we also have a back up plan for a private preschool if needs be.

Last thing - it is suppose to be 97 degrees on Thursday!  I don't like the heat and I tend to be really cranky...yuck!

No comments: