Monday, June 6, 2011

Trip to the grocery store

Last night we got back from being gone for 10 days and we desperately needed to go to the grocery store.  Typically the ideal time for this is in the evening once the kids are in bed and I can go by myself but today I needed food for dinner so I had to take the kids.

We went in the afternoon, I had my grocery list already with what I needed today and what I could get later. So if the kids were doing well I could get the full list and if I needed to be fast I could just get the basics.  We walked over, Luna walking and Rachel in the umbrella stroller, the store is only a block from our apartment.  When we got to the store the umbrella stroller went on the bottom rack of the cart and I attempted to put Rachel in the front seat of the cart.  She decided she did not like that and threw a 2 year old tantrum, the one where you don't look around but only look down at the the child because you don't want to know how many people are staring at you.  She eventually got over it but by then I had decided to go with my short list.

The way the grocery store works is you pick out what you want and purchase it.  Then right after the check out area there is a desk that you can take it to for delivery.  It is only $5 and they deliver it within 2 hours.  So far I have not done this, I have only boughten a bags worth of groceries on my previous trips so I just carry them back.  Today I was considering it but I needed what I had bought to make dinner so I did not have the luxury of waiting 2 hours for delivery.  I ended up carrying my 3 bags, pushing the stroller and holding Luna's hand all while walking the block back home in 80 degree weather.  I was definitely missing my van :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine! But, I am thoroughly impressed. :) K. Ladd