Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Party

Tonight we went to a party down the hall!  Totally not either Brian or my comfort zones but we did it!

On Monday, we were eating dinner and the little boy (Max) down the hall knocked on our door.  He was there with another little friend and wanted to know what we were doing :)  So after dinner Luna and Rachel could not wait to get out and play with them.  Eventually, Luna and Rachel ended up in Max's apartment and I was not comfortable with them being there with out me so I went as well :)  Again not my thing, but oh the things we will do for our kids :)  I have to say, Max's Mom is very nice, I sat and chatted with her and another women.  While I was there she invited us to a party there on Wednesday,  the nanny that has raised her kids is moving and they are throwing a goodbye party.  I thanked her for the invite but I was not planning to go, not my thing and I barely know her nanny, I have met her only a handful of times in the elevator (oh the elevator).

So tonight during dinner we heard a TON of noise in the hallway.  After dinner the girls could not wait to open the door and see what was going on. So we let them out there with the deal that they could not go into anyone's apartment.  Well of course Luna stands in Max's doorway and just looks in...so of course, they invite her in and I told Brian he had to go with her :)  (I went on Monday).  So Brian,the wonderful daddy his is, took both girls.  Well as I was doing the dishes I felt guilty I sent him alone, so I quickly changed  and went as well.

We had a good time!  We got a chance to meet many of our neighbors and really got to talk with them.  It was great!  We were both pleasantly surprised by how nice of  a time we had.  Of course the girls had a blast as well.  They loved all the kids to play with!

I am just loving NYC!

No comments: